Reminder – Fee Adjustment
Reminder – Fee Adjustment
The SDA continues to work hard at providing professional union representation, running campaigns on issues that matter to members, getting results and providing a range of value for money member services and benefits. In the last magazine sent to all members we notified you of an adjustment to fees to enable the SDA to keep working to represent members interests. We work for better pay and conditions; help with issues at work; safer workplaces and every day benefits for SDA members including:
- bargaining for fair pay and conditions
- campaigning for annual pay rises in the FWC
- defending penalty rates and increasing casual penalty rates
- maintaining hard fought for SDA conditions
- supporting members with workplace issues through SDA Delegates and local SDA Organisers
- taking action in the Fair Work Commission to protect members interests with employers big and small; from supermarkets to fashion stores; from individual issues to collective fights
- securing millions of dollars for retail, fast food and warehouse workers in underpayments, unfair dismissals settlements and workers compensation cases
- being our members friend in the workplace
- campaigning to highlight and eliminate the problem of customers abusing employees because “No One Deserves a Serve”
- helping members with the complexities of workers compensation laws with local legal representation
- journey insurance to cover members on the way to and from work
- lobbying governments and regulators for improvements in WHS including recent trials to reduce customer abuse and improvements to safety guidelines for work in hot environments
- regular updates on issues that matter by SMS, email, your SDA noticeboard and the SDA magazine
- member events like Family Days, Pink Ribbon Charity events and Union Picnic Days
- SDA offers the largest range of services and benefits available to any Union members in Australia
All of this work that we do together is done in an increasingly challenging environment. In light of this the fee adjustment as advised in the last SDA magazine that takes effect in July is between 15c to 40 c per week.
Union fees have not increased since 1 July 2017.
The fees are as follows:
Hours per week Weekly Fee
Less than 10 Hours $4.10 (up 15c)
10 hours to less than 20 Hours $7.30 (up 30c)
20 Hours per week or more $10.20 (up 40c)
Membership fee adjustment in Autumn Magazine 2019
And don’t forget, your union fees are tax deductible.
Professional representation better pay and conditions, campaigns on issues that matter to members, safer workplaces, help when you need it and delivering relevant services and benefits is what the SDA is all about.
We set out to do this every day in many ways for our members.
Union fees cover the cost of running the SDA, servicing members and defending your hard won rights and entitlements. Remember it’s your membership that helps us fight to protect your pay and conditions. This fee adjustment will enable us to continue to improve what we do together on a sound financial basis. If you have any questions about the fee increase speak to your workplace Delegate, Organiser or the SDA Information Centre on 131 SDA (that’s 131 732).
BRANCH SECRETARY TREASURER